Get a healthier body with praying!


This article may not be of interest to everybody, but it could VERY helpful to those who give attention to their muscle toning or fitness, especially moms or individuals with a tight schedule. Being all covered up when going out never means forgetting about toning. Working out yes does a lot to one's figure, but it's also very important to both your body internally and your psychological well-being and that is why I wanted to share this with you.   
For two-three years before this one, I used to be a workout freak doing different types of exercising such as aerobics, Pilates and weight training. Then came the senior year in college to simply take so much time and energy away, and my schedule became too tight to give time to my fitness. I just wanted to at least maintain what I've got! About a month ago, I thought that I don't have to necessarily dedicate a full complete hour or so, and maybe divide my workout along the day. I related it to my 5 prayers, where after every prayer I do 10-20 times of at least 1 workout after every prayer. This yields 50-100 repetitions of every workout by the end of the day, and as I say any workout is better than no workout.
I'll give you a list and you can look up the details, as each one has different types and intensities. Some workouts that are very easy and could be done without needing training shoes, just you and your muscles could be:
  • For the tummy (lay down on the praying carpet so you don't hurt your back): 
    • Crunches 
    • Sit-ups
    • Bicycle Crunches
  • For your legs and glutes:
    • Squats
    • Lunges
    • Kick-backs
    • Bridge
  • Arms + Chest:
    • Bicep curls
    • Arm presses
    • Wall pushups
  • Stretches
Other times that I try to do 5-10 minutes of stretches or light exercising are one I wake up, or before going to bed. The former really makes a difference in your whole day and in your energy level. You can also do stretches all the time while sitting in class or your office by bending your knees and stretching, or for mothers while cooking you can stand on the tips of your toes for 5 counts go down on your heels and then stand on the tips of your toes again. 
Just involve motion in your day in one way or another, and as I said earlier, any workout is better than no workout.
Love xx


No comments:

Post a Comment